Thursday, May 29, 2008


We are having a bit less rain and more frequent sunny warm days in the mid-80's. My caladiums are pushing up higher and higher each day. See?

Reading a really good book this week called For Women Only: What You Need To Know About The Inner Lives Of Men by Shaunti Feldhahn. Wow! It is an excellent book, the author interviewed 1000 men and asked them questions about how they saw things in relationships. Its a real eyeopener! I have a wonderful husband and this is going to help me love and respect him much more appropriately. I want to encourage him and thus build a stronger marriage. Even after 33 3/4 years together, one can never stop growing, learning, and building one's marriage relationship. Amazon.com has copies and your local library may have it as well, mine does.

Next on the stack of my books from the library is Austenland. I can't wait to see what that is about. Anyone else read this? I hope its light summer reading.

I'm trying to decide what Bible study to do on my own this summer. I have some materials on hand that I may work through. . . just need to take the time to consider which is the one for this summer. I will meet with some women for 6 weeks this summer to do a 'none homework' type study but know that I need to drink deeply each week or I just 'get through each week'. Even with a morning devotional time and prayer time, I need to meditate on a portion of scripture on a deeper level to lead to growth. How about you?

Today's work level was light - almost boring. Its ironic that last week was so work-heavy that I had to take it one-single-day-at-a-time until I got off work Saturday afternoon. Today and tomorrow will be light by comparison. I forget that weeks like this happen when I am going through a week like last week. I need to remember that weeks like the last one are not common and to just make the best of them, to not allow myself to increasingly feel so fatigued and overwhelmed by the load. Once one gets a good night's sleep, the next day is a new day to take on with fresh eyes. I purposed to do that and it helped but by the last day I was tired of the mental weight of it. When I left the building Saturday afternoon I felt like a kid getting out of school for summer. Giddy! Free! Energetic!
Truth for Life
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.  
Matthew 6:34



1 comment:

Susan said...

I adore Caladiums! They add a cool
spot to any porch!