Tuesday, May 27, 2008


Over a week ago I planted pots on my front porch with Caladium bulbs. Our weather is now consistently warm enough to take that chance. Today I saw the plants pushing up through the potting soil. Its such an encouragement to see this! I'll try to photograph one of the pots daily until they are in full leaf. I love caladiums for my grandmother had them outside her home, they were cool, stately, and neat. She was a fun, warm, gracious lady and I plant them annually as a reminder of her. 

Zechariah 4:10a Who (with reason) despises the day of small things? 
This verse came to mind as I watered the pots this afternoon. We sometimes think our lives, our efforts, our hopes, our plans are so tiny, so simple that they won't be significant. In God's Hands, nothing is insignificant. No one is hopeless if we yield to Him.  I leave you with that thought as I continue to ponder on that truth.

No comments: