Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day! I love the beautiful flowers I received from my granddaugher Avery by mail on Wednesday - made a rainy day bright and cheerful to open the box and find such lovely flowers and the card with a message from her. Isn't she darling?

Meet my granddaughter Avery! She is now 4 months old and is seen wearing a smocked dress we gave her upon her birth. I knit the little booties she is wearing. The booties pattern is found at:
http:www.saartjeknits.nl

I am on Ravelry as knitteang. . . . visit my member page there to see my current projects and completed ones as well. I've made many items for our grandbaby who was born in January of this year. Since then I had hoped to join in a mystery lace KAL but it seemed to develop so many problems on all levels and then became a group that one had to pay to continue in, etc. that I dropped out. Now I have 2 lovely hanks of KnitPicks gloss lace weight and don't know quite what to do with it. I even bought some new addi lace needles and now they sit in a nice project bag - silently waiting for their future use.

In the meantime, Mother's Day just now. . .as my mother has died I always make a single white rose corsage each to year to wear on mother's day and my dear daughter has remedied my annual search for just one white rose by giving me a dozen assorted colored roses last year and now this year (this year 'from' my 4 month old granddaughter).

My dear husband bought me a new James Avery pendant, the very same design I gave my daughter 5 years ago as a charm for a special memory charm bracelet. My pendant is larger than her charm but it means so much to me for its about a mother's love. My daughter now wears her charm as a pendant since she was pregnant with our grandbaby and still wears it. I adore that charm and when I discovered it came in the form of a pendant that is larger. . . well, I put it on my 'wish list' and my husband picked up on that item. (jamesavery.com)

My next post will show the lovely setting of a mother-daughter brunch I spoke at yesterday; it was our church's annual event. 

No comments: