Tuesday, January 27, 2009

This morning
3 p.m.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr, baby its cold outside!


How cold is it? Its 19 degrees! 
We've had ice since yesterday, sleet today, and snow coming tonight. 
Our city doesn't have the equipment northern cities do to clear streets so our neighborhoods are difficult, at best, to maneuver to/from work. Lucky for me, the one patient I was to see discouraged me from even trying to see him today in his home. 

I obliged. 

Today, I've had a restful, warm day sitting with a lapful of yorkies & my trusty Apple laptop, 
of course I had hot tea at hand.

My only sadness is that my Bible study class was unable to meet. But that gives us all another week to meditate upon the Beatitudes and chapter 5 of Matthew. It is an overly full chapter that gives us the character of those who are citizens of the Kingdom of God. Its humbling, convicting, and gives me a picture of how I am to live. If you have a moment, check it out

I have picked up my knitting bag, re-organized it, looked over some projects I have been wanting to complete or start . . . and so after this post I'm casting on for a scarf in a green yarn I purchased in Parma, Italy in October of this year. I bought the yarn for the purpose of making a scarf and I'm narrowing down just what pattern of scarf to knit up. . . fan and feather? classic cables? farrow rib? broken or mistaken rib? It will 'tell' me as I try a few rows of each.

Tonight I will read the week's reading for our Perspectives class. In the likelihood that we meet I want to be prepared to think with the speaker as we hear him speak on the subject of "Your Kingdom Come" 

I wish you warmth, safety, knitting, and the opportunity to serve as the Lord nudges you!

Truth For Life
Be imitators of God,
therefore, as dearly loved children
and live a life of love,
just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us
as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.
Ephesians 5:1,2

No comments: