Sunday, January 18, 2009


January, the month of tea!

I received four gifts of tea for Christmas, each presented by a dear friend. . . they know I'm not indulging myself in the buying of teas as I had in the past. Each gift has been sampled and enjoyed with many more cups ahead. My winter is looking good!
One dear friend gave me a gift just last week, our belated time together for Christmas - a delicious and new favorite of mine. Its a black blend, a specialty blend in honor of historical locations: Harney & Son's Tower of London Blend. It is described as: chinese black tea with honey flavor. 

It is delicious and the sachets are the lovely nylon-like sachets that are so feminine and appealing to the eye and hand. I took one in a jewelry sized zip-loc bag to church today. As others sipped their coffee, I prepared myself my first cup of this tea - and the fragrance, oh, my, was wonderful, the taste, delightful! I wished I had a larger cup in which to steep it and regretted needing to toss the sachet after one 6 oz. cup was prepared. Sigh. 

Another gift this friend gave with the tea is a new travel mug made by Starbucks for the very purpose of preparing and keeping tea warm. The inside of the mug is lined with clay, as in the Xixing clay teapot. . . I haven't used it yet as I need to dedicate the mug to one type of tea as the flavor will be imbedded into the clay forever. Hmmmm, which tea? Time will tell.

Here is to Hot Tea sippin' all month long for January IS the month of HOT TEA!
Stay warm, sip some tea, sit under a hand knit afghan, rest, relax, and enjoy!

Truth for Life
He has made everything beautiful in its time. 
He has also set eternity in the hearts of men;
yet they cannot fathom what God has done
from beginning to end.
Ecclesiastes 3:11

No comments: