Sunday, November 23, 2008

It is time to consider having others into our homes for holiday decorating, gift wrapping, cooking baking, meals, caroling, etc. What is your style of connecting with your family, friends, and neighbors 
before Christmas day arrives?

I usually host a Thanksgiving afternoon tea for the women on our "S" shaped block but we have had many weekend trips so our November became too full for it this year. 
I have decided to change my 'usual' and host a Christmas tea - easy for me 
as I do have holiday china that I will be so happy to use. 
I'm preparing my invitations this afternoon and will also deliver them personally. I'm told the neighbors love this once-a-year opportunity to sit face to face with one another and share lives around cups of tea and treats. Its a means of hospitality that 'fits' my family well. My husband will assist as our butler, complete with a cloth draped over his arm as he serves tea, clears plates, and brings in the various courses of foods we'll prepare together and serve. I'm also hoping to get a friend to help as well.
I am looking forward to the decorating, menu preparation, tidying the house, preparing the foods, and welcoming the guests. It is our gift to the neighborhood, one that is warm and welcoming. 
That is truly a blessing! I'm thankful that we live where we do. Are you?

Truth For Life
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; 
give thanks to him and praise his name. 
For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; 
his faithfulness continues through all generations.
Psalm 100:4-5



No comments: