Wednesday, June 02, 2010



October of 2008 while many women traveled to Chicago to attend the above event, I was at home listening via streaming on the internet as we heard many speakers who encouraged and reminded women of their unique role, honor, and place as women. We had the privilege to hear such wonderful speakers such as John Piper, Mary Kassian, Joni Eareckson Tada, Fern Nichols, Nancy Leigh DeMoss, and Janet Parshall.


A book has just been released that contains the content of the speaking sessions of these speakers and I'm going to share what I find of particular worth of highlighting as I read chapter by chapter.


I received a copy yesterday and read chapter 1 last night. I smiled, laughed, Amen-ed, and shared quotes with my husband. The first chapter features John Piper and he began with a 'bang'!


A quote I heard online in October of 2009 that I read again and feel is noteworthy:


"Wimpy Theology Makes Wimpy Women"


He continued to explain "Wimpy theology simply does not give a woman a God that is big enough, strong enough, wise enough, and good enough to handle the realities of life in a way that magnifies the infinite worth of Jesus Christ. Wimpy theology is plagued by woman-centeredness and man-centeredness. Wimpy theology doesn't have the granite foundation of God's sovereignty or the solid steel structure of a great God-centered purpose for all things."


I'm so encouraged and stretched to consider "... the ultimate meaning of true womanhood is this: It is a distinctive calling of God to display the glory of His Son in ways that would not be displayed if there were no womanhood. If there were only generic persons and not male and female, the glory of Christ would be diminished in the world."


Our world has swung from woman not being valued to woman as king . . . and neither brings out the best of what woman has been created to offer and represent. Our uniqueness as females adds richness, caring, and meaning to life on planet earth and we glorify Christ uniquely when we embrace and express our life as true women.


I could say more, but I will hold off.


I have another chapter to read tonight.


More to come . . . . . .


Truth For Life

God created man in his own image, in the mimage of God he created him; male and female he created them.

Genesis 1:27




No comments: