Sunday, June 22, 2008


Another couple of things on and off my needles
This past week I finished up the lovely fan and feather baby blanket. It is tucked away waiting for the time I need a specially hand-knit gift for a little one. I think I shall knit up a hat in the same pattern to accompany the blanket. That would be elegant! Perhaps I can find some baby booties with cuffs in the pattern? If you know of one, would you email me the website? Thank you! I also finished up another dishcloth, this time in a sage green. Once a month I knit a dishcloth with a group that receives 9 rows of the pattern in a 6 day period so you are never overwhelmed. This month was lovely, looks like a cable but it isn't, I am going to package it with a natural colored dishcloth and a camel colored one - these are little gifts for a friend who is hosting a summer Bible study. I'll accompany them with some foaming dishwashing liquid in some lovely scent. She is in the midst of redecorating her kitchen and these will work well in her new look.  These dishcloths are a work of my hands and heart for her hospitality to the 8 to 10 of us who are going to meet in her living room for 6 weeks. 
There was a woman in our group some years ago that always gifted the hostess with a dishcloth, one, handmade, sometimes tied with a ribbon, sometimes just rolled up and handed to the hostess with a hug and a blessing. Because of this simple gesture I longed to learn to knit for her pattern was a knitted cloth, not crochet, and I used the dishcloths she gave me, used them and loved using them. 4 to 5 years ago I began a prayer shawl ministry and learned to knit on-the-fly so I could teach others how to knit. (I knew how to crochet but needed to show others how to do both) I was motivated and thrilled to finally learn. One of my first attempts to knit I transferred to finding the pattern for the dishcloth my friend had given me and others. It was, the infamous Grandmother's Favorite. It makes a great baby blanket when you make it larger. Here is a website for the pattern if you don't happen to know of this pattern.  www.jimsyldesign.com/dishbout/kpatterns/grfavorite.html The photo on the left shows the grandmother's favorite pattern.  The one on the right is my current projects.
Truth for Life
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
Romans 12:12-14



No comments: