Monday, May 17, 2010

Who (with reason) despises the day of small things?
Zechariah 4:10a

Not me, that is for sure.

I'm taking my time these days, smelling the roses so to speak. Listening when others talk. Looking at them as they talk. Focusing on what they say and don't say. Trying not to think about my next comment as they are speaking.

This is not an easy thing to do but it has been a worthwhile habit to form.
It is also partnered with not interrupting others as they talk.

Yes, I have the habit of both. I admit it.

Now I want to cease to do those two things. I realize my life is becoming crowded mentally with so many things, many good, but even many good things, when too many, are


well.....


too much.

And so I am finding that those few who have God's wisdom,
calmer lives, richer relationships, and peace that passes all understanding
(yes, that last part is from a verse. . . .Philippians 4:7)
are not in a hurry. They are not harried. They are not too busy.
They aren't cussing, fussing, fretting, controlling others,
stressing, ranting, or raving.

They are living life well. They are following after Jesus
and imitating Him here, now.

So, I have begun, it is a small start, but a good one.

As a new member at church I have opportunity to listen,
to learn who is who, how they believe,
how they worship, how they study,
to observe how they live, how they speak,
how they care, how they share.

It is a small beginning but one I pray will
give me deeper roots, greater growth,
His peace, His understanding,
and Godly changes in me.

Pray for me, will you?


Truth For Life
Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways!
Romans 11:33

No comments: