Sunday, May 31, 2009


"Missed it by that much"
Maxwell Smart

There are moments in our lives when loved ones who live far away attempt to contact us. They leave a message by phone, email, or text. And if you are, for a brief time, away from that source of receiving the message . . . you miss that message.

I did that today.

Missed a chance to "Skype" with our daughter by phone, at her request, missing it by a mere four hours! Our time difference is 8 hours and well, its the wee hours of her tomorrow as I type this, so I will fight the urge to give her a call.  When a grown adult child wants to connect - you long to connect immediately without hesitation.

Sigh.

And yet there will be another time.  I sent her a reply email explaining my silence and offered other times we might try to connect.

Can't wait for that time, but we must. 

We will. 

Sigh.

"At times Sudan is farther away than at other times." 
Denise Rounds

(yes, you may quote me on this!)


Truth For Life
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.
Psalm 5:3




No comments: