Saturday, March 28, 2009

March is NOT going out like a lamb. . . 
it is playing around with us as we were warned.

This morning it is snowing like crazy!
But speaking of lambs, 
here is the beginning of a baby blanket I'm going to knit using a website that generates a pattern for making striped blankets  This one if for a baby boy. Like the yarn choice? The yarn is a cotton /acrylic blend so it will wash/dry up easy and be cool for spring and summer. I opted for this particular pattern so I have more off-white than big blocks of color. 

Want to do something like it? Visit Biscuits and Jam's Random Stripe Generator page. You will receive the knitting pattern below the design and you can refresh the page as many times as you want to see a different combination. Pick the one you prefer and knit it up. I've made one using  this pattern generator before for our granddaughter and I really liked the results (as did our daughter). I'll show updates on my progress with this blanket-on-the-make as I work on this over the next few weeks.
Have a blessed weekend!

Truth for Life
He says to the snow, 'Fall on the earth,'
and to the rain shower, 'Be a mighty downpour.'
Job 37:6

1 comment:

daddyO and honey said...

i am part of the parents of missionaries and i have come to your blog. i feel i may frequent it often b/c of some similar interest. our kids are bound for lima, peru and are in costa rica now learning spanish. i also love to read and enjoy elizabeth elliott. thanks for the posting of the poem. it was great. praying for your kids!!