Monday, April 06, 2009


Dark Chocolate M M's are bittersweet

That is my favorite chocolate. . . 
and it fits our life just now.

We saw one child off with our son-in-love and precious (15 months old today!)granddaughter to Kenya 4 months ago. 
Tomorrow they fly into Sudan to begin their work. 
I miss them sorely already. 

We will have much less communication while they are on site. We've had little the past 4 months. I'm praying for them without ceasing. What parent wouldn't? I recognize with my eyes the reality of what they are heading into. And yet, I trust God. I have peace but I have feelings of loss.  I am asking God to fill the longings I have for them, to show me the joys in this day, in this precious Holy week, and to make me aware and sensitive to the opportunities I have to reach out to others on my own 'bit of earth' where He has placed me to live. 

I have the joy of having spent time with our son this past weekend, hearing his heart, his hopes, and his prayer requests. It was a privileged time to hear an adult child bear these things before his parents. That was our sweet.

The Perspectives class we are currently taking has snacks each week 
and they always serve M & M's to remind us of Missions. 
We are all on a mission, you have read ours, to where is God directing you?

He is risen!

Truth for Life
I have no greater joy than to hear
that my children are walking in the truth.
3 John 1:4

No comments: