Monday, December 22, 2008

O Christmas Tree!

Here is where I sit each morning and evening with my Yorkies next to me. 
I am sharing a few of the ornaments upon our tree with you, dear reader.
Mary, Joseph, and Jesus in white like a sculpture, simple, and elegant
He was born for this. . . 
This last one is 1 of our 2 newest ornaments for 2008 Christmas.
I will show the other tomorrow.

O Christmas Tree!
I have never been the type to 'need' to have the perfectly decorated Christmas tree. 
Ours has ornaments from my childhood, our marriage, our children's pre-school 
creations (treasures!!!), ones I bought because of how well they depict our faith, 
and those given to us by friends over the years.


We decorate our trees and then often forget them, we hustle and bustle and don't take time to sit near it, quietly enjoying the lights. I've been taking the time to get up early enough each morning so I can sit, read my Bible, pray, and enjoy the quiet and the lights and symbols on our tree. At night I review the day and pray in the same spot. There aren't many days left before Christmas - take time, even 15 minutes each day, to sit, breathe, and focus on the reason you have prepared your tree, your home, your schedule for what we celebrate on Thursday.

Truth For Life
All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet:
The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, 
and they will call him Immanuel — which means,
God with us.
Matthew 1:22, 23


No comments: