Sunday, December 07, 2008

Christmas HospitaliTEA

This was the smoothest preparation for a tea I've ever experienced - I must study my plans and learn just what I did differently - but I digress. 

The living room was bursting with 9 women laughing, talking, sipping, and nibbling. It was such a pleasure to see them all smiling and happen to be spending this Sunday afternoon together. It brought us together to meet one another face-to-face instead of car by car as we head off to work, school, etc. The foods came together well. The cucumber sandwiches were the favorite, as usual. The table is shown before I added the sandwiches and unpackaged the scones and added the mock devonshire and spiced mock devonshire cream. I found the peppermint icebox cake to be such a refreshing and light end. . . and a little square of fudge gave us the perfect final touch of chocolate. 

I had the assistance of my wonderful husband and son - they carried the plates of food selected by each guest from the tea table to her seat so she could safely manage her teacup and saucer, napkin, and fork. They refilled our cups, carried out our plates when we were finished, and brought in the chilled slices of peppermint ice box cake. 

Merry Christmas dear neighbors!

Truth For Life
Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?" Jesus replied: " 
'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 
This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 
'Love your neighbor as yourself.' 
All the Law and the Prophets hand on these two commandments."
Matthew 22:36-40














No comments: