Tuesday, August 05, 2008


Light Summer fun read 
for females that love tea, travel, and London!
This is the 7th book in the Sisterchicks series and it was a pleasure to read. I read it in two evenings and was sad when it was done but glad I had read it. I've read them all and share the theory of enjoying life, growing up as we grow older, sharing some fun with a female friend, laughing through new territory, etc. all benefitting the women and their families. I recommend this if you need something easy on the mind, stirring to the spirit, and encouraging to your heart. Check amazon.com for a copy. (or your local public library, which is where I got my copy) Released May 2008.
Tonight I met a special friend who helped me re-enter the field of physical therapy 4 years ago. We met at a continuing education seminar for dinner and an evening of review of the latest lower extremity bracing for adults and kids, electronic stimulation supports for drop foot, head helmut bracing for babies to re-shape heads mis-shaped by positions they are kept in for long periods of time due to the Back To Sleep program, etc. We were fed a fabulous meal as it was at a Renaissance hotel and we were treated like professionals. Wow! As a former full-time stay-at-home mom, I still get surprised at the treatment I occasionally receive. It is not something I got from the workaday world or even my church as I spent decades raising our children. How upside down is our world? (totally!)
We've made plans to meet in a few weeks at another seminar, that one will be on pharmacology for physical therapist, sounds thrilling, no? But to me it is music to my ears as I have needed just such information on my level for the playing field I'm on during the week. We will be on our own for lunch at that seminar but I think we can manage to find some where to enjoy the hour we'll have in Oklahoma City. Its both of our former stomping grounds. . . . . so very long ago. I'm wishing I could figure out a way to work in an afternoon tea at Inspirations tea room in Edmond, OK while away for this seminar but I won't have the free time when tea is normally served to take that little diversion. *sigh*
On the knitting front, well, I've got a dishcloth on the needles but haven't touched it in over 2 weeks. Yes, 2 weeks! I have plans for another baby blanket, to have ready for the time another grandbaby is born amongst my circle of friends. I love knitting up pretty stitch patterns in simple white for just such occasions. Edging them in a color after the baby is born makes them ready to go and well received by the new mother and child. I'm in the mood to knit up a few baby hats. . . perhaps a pumpkin one would be nice to make for my grandbaby to wear when she moves to south Africa. It might be cheerful for the family as they settle into life in a far different country than Dallas, Texas. 
I've had two blessed days at home this week - gave me time to catch up on ironing, cleaning, sorting, tidying, grocery shopping, and gardening. I was able to take longer walks in the wee hours of the morning before our triple digit temperatures were reached each day. I love days like these - but after a few I find myself getting antsy to get back to work and earn money for the remaining work on our home and furniture we will eventually purchase. That is a motivation of its own. For now, working 3 to 4 days outside-the-home weekly fills a void of needing purposeful days in my week. But now and then I'm so happy to get a 2 to 3 day work-outside-the-home week and more days to work on our home. Its a nice ebb and flow.
Truth For Life
Jesus said "You are my friends, if you do what I command."
John 15:14

No comments: