Sunday, July 06, 2008

Summer time! The weekend was lovely! We had sun, we had rain, we had heat. We slept in 3 mornings until 8:30 a.m. - positively luxurious! We cooked out, joined others for a cook out on Friday and Saturday evenings. Friday was with family and filled with much laughter around the table indoors. The other was with friends, old and new, in our Sunday school class. We ate outdoors under huge oak trees. It was a potluck with hot dogs, hamburgers, many delicious sides dishes, home made ice cream and fresh blueberry cobbler. We shared summer plans, jokes, and talked of planning a group trip to Alaska by cruise. Now that is tempting!!!! (we'll be given a year to save for that trip so as many in our class can participate as possible)
At home we enjoyed our pool, read, watered the lawn, went to church and enjoyed having some time with our adult son. It was a perfect summer holiday. I hope this finds you having spent yours with loved ones. We are now planning a trip to see our grandbaby this month - that will be another fun time. We received new photos via email showing her latest feats: she is now sitting up on her own and beginning to eat foods. Being our first grandchild, we are amazed and enthralled with every single step of her growth and development. (have you been there, too?) 
On the needles? I finished up a dishcloth last week and began a new one today. This one is a pattern called Pebble-Stitch Cloth and is designed by Cindy Bartorillo. You can see a photo and get the pattern at: www.jimsyldesign.com/dishbout/kpatterns/pebble.html
I'm knitting one up in Sugar 'n Cream in Key Lime Pie color. It should 'fit' into a friend's kitchen when she gets her walls repainted. She has a sample of her paint on her wall which helped me pick out a yarn to work into her new decor. I'm also looking into patterns I have and pattern books I've checked out from the library for making use of some yarns I have in my stash. Will post photos as I begin those projects. I also plan to make a fan and feather patterned hat to match the fan and feather baby blanket I knit up for a future baby gift.
Truths For Life
Let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works,
not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together.
Hebrews 10:24-25

No comments: