Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Finished this dishcloth up as I listened to some radio programs via the internet. This is called the Pebble Stitch Cloth. I got the pattern here:
jimsyldesign.com/dishbout/kpatterns/pebble.html
I have made 3 other dishcloth patterns, all gifts to be given. It has been a pleasure to work on them over the past month knowing they would be used in someone's home. . . gifts of my hands and heart for their homes. A gift of time for their home care.
Knitting as one listens to a book on tape or a podcast or a radio program makes the knitting go pleasantly. Today's programs were focused upon becoming a woman of moderation. Not a woman who gulps food (and life!) but savors life, tastes life, enjoys life. Music to my ears and heart! This is what my life is headed towards. . . perhaps it is middle age, perhaps it is because I now work outside the home and am exposed to the pace and frustrations of peers at work that I sense the fast paced 'just making do' of today's American. 
It would be easy to pick up the pace of others, to let them be the speed setters of my own life; but I purpose to have a different center of life. If I didn't, I fear what direction my life would take. It would not be a life that has balance, joy, or peace; I would not have the time to reach out to others, for reaching out would further overbalance my life by their demands and even needs.  This requires a daily re-setting of what is true, what is good, what is necessary, what I'm truly called to do during each day, on any given day. 
Pushing the reset button? How do I do it? I soak in God's Word each morning and evening, thinking upon what I read, memorizing it, and thus allowing it to change my thoughts, my views, with the result of this inner view of life overflowing into what I do, when I do it, how I do it, with whom I do it, etc. as well as what I opt out of doing. I seek God for the discernment to know what He has asked me to do. I see this dependence upon God in Christ's life and words in the gospel of John. I ask God to make it real in my life. May this be true in your life, dear reader 
Truth For Life
Taste and see that the LORD is good.
Blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.
Fear the LORD, you His saints, for those who fear Him lack no things.
Psalm 34:8-9

1 comment:

La Tea Dah said...

These are my very favorite dishclothes!