Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A new year is ahead. . .
want your life to be transformed?

Consider reading thru the Bible
and sharing your experience with others in 2010!

Join me on facebook in the group
Read Thru the Bible


Did you know:
I have read through the Bible for 17 years after my now deceased father in law challenged the grandchildren to read through the Bible that year. He offered to pay $1 per book to each child who read it through. Only one of the 4 grandchildren completed the task.

She is now on the mission field with her husband and child.

I offered to match my father in laws offer to my children
and I thought it an opportune time to join them in the adventure
because I had never read it through before.

I bought them each Daily reading Bibles for Christmas that year
and opened my own Bible using a reading plan
I found in a Family Bible we had received when my husband and I married.

And off we went!

I have continued to read through the Bible each year since.
It takes from 15 to 30 minutes a day, 6 days a week using the plan I now use.
(Daily Walk from Walk Thru The Bible ministry, a subscription)

You can read through with Bible Pathways by subscription or
by logging on daily and reading the notes online.

My husband and I share what we discover, learn, and apply all year long.

It has guided us to know what to do in life, work, church,
family, marriage, finances, etc.

We consider it the best habit we have ever started.

There are MANY methods offered online,
you can check my posts from last year to see some I mentioned then.
There are even podcasts that read it to you!

And on www.biblegateway.com you can even have the Bible
read to you via your computer a chapter at a time.

So what are you waiting for?

If the Bible IS God's Word, His God-breathed message to us,
and IF you call Him Lord, Savior, and your God,
when will you take the time to see what He has to say?

How about in 3 days?

Truth For Life
Your hands made me and fashioned me;
Give me understanding, that I may learn Your commandments.
May those who fear You
see me and be glad,
Because I
wait for Your word.
Psalm 119: 73, 74

No comments: